State Level Security Committee Meeting For Railways-DGP Abhaysudhakar kumar Shahi (spl.correspondent)
Cuttack: Odisha Director-General of Police (DGP) Abhay chaired the State Level Security Committee meeting for Railways for the first quarter of 2020, today. Several matters including safety and security of passengers were discussed, said a press note from Odisha Police.
Also present at the meeting were ADGP Railways Pranabindu Acharya, IG cum Principal Chief Security Commission, Bhubaneswar Raja Ram, IG, RPF, South-East Railways, Kolkata D.B. Kasor, SIB Joint Director Rajesh Subarno, SIW DIG Anirudha Kumar Singh, among others.
The following matters were discussed:
- Safety and security of railway passengers
- Security of women and measures to control trafficking, runaways, destitute children and specially disabled persons found on railway platforms.
- Co-ordination mechanism between GRP, RPF and Railways in addition to sharing of intelligence and response mechanism
- Measures to control the illegal transportation of narcotics drugs and psychotropic substances
- Security of railway property
- Maintenance of law and order
- Prevention of Anti-sabotage measures
- Controlling LWE activities
- Installation of CCTVs at railway stations