Odisha DMs, Municipal Commissioners Asked To Facilitate Smooth Conduct Of Exams
Bhubaneswar: The Higher Education Department of Odisha on Thursday asked all Collectors and District Magistrates and Municipal Commissioners of five Municipal Corporations in the State to facilitate the smooth conduct of various examinations of universities and colleges.
Commissioner-cum-Secretary of the Higher Education Department, Saswat Mishra, in a letter to all the officials, issued the following directions.
(1) As per order No. 5039 dated 31.08.2020 of Special Relief Commissioner and Addl. Chief Secretary to Government (Disaster Management), though Colleges and Universities will remain closed for the purpose of teaching till 31.10.2020, conduct of examinations, evaluations and other administrative activities shall be permitted till then.
(2) Accordingly, the Universities and Colleges, coming under the administrative control of Higher Education Department, are gearing up for conducting various examinations starting from mid-September, 2020.
(3) The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct UGC-NET (National Eligibility Test) on 16-18 September, 2020 and 21-25 September, 2020 in 7 cities of Odisha. Around 5000 students will appear in this test.
(4) The common entrance test for admission into all Central Universities of India (CUCET-2020) shall be held on 18-20 Sept., 2020 in about 15 cities/towns of Odisha. Approximately 29,000 candidates will appear in this entrance test.
(5) Universities and Colleges will also conduct final semester/year examinations for their own Under Graduate and Post Graduate students from 20.09.2020 to 10.10.2020. About two lakh students will appear in these examinations which will be conducted in approximately 1000 Universities and Colleges located in various nooks and corners of the State.
(6) Universities and Colleges shall ensure all safety protocols relating to Covid-19 in and around the examination centers.
He, therefore, requested that necessary instruction be issued to all concerned, including police personnel, to ensure that students/candidates as well as staff/employees of Universities and Colleges do not face any movement/conveyance problem within the district on examinations days.
The Collectors and Municipal Commissioners were further requested to extend necessary support to the Universities and Colleges for smooth and timely conduct of the examinations.